Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables complex Web sites to be built rapidly. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
A content management system is a server based software systems that keeps track of every piece of content on a Web site. In some respects it is analogous to a local public library in so far as it keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything that can be delivered digitally.
A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages